Aloha Hawaii First Family,
This is a follow up to our email to members last week. We understand that this is a critical time for us in an ever so changing environment. Every day we are seeing more developments about the COVID-19 pandemic. We are committed to staying informed and keeping everyone update.
You will hear and see a lot of information out there regarding this pandemic but we urge you to get your information from trusted sources only. (See below for some resources.)
Your money is secured.
Your deposits are safe in Federally Insured Credit Unions. Hawaii First FCU is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration and protected by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund. We are a safe place for credit union members to save money. Additional information on NCUA share insurance coverage is available at MyCreditUnion.gov.
Beware of scams.
- We also remind you to remain vigilant against COVID-19 related scams.
- It is not normal practice for us to call you to ask for any of your account numbers or plastic card numbers.
- When in doubt call a branch directly.
To maintain the safety and health of everyone as much as possible we have made adjustments to our branch hours.
- Credit union branches will be open Mondays – Fridays 9am to 1pm, Saturdays closed.
- Online services remain accessible 24/7.
- Community Resource Center services may be provided online or by phone. Please contact staff at (808) 933-6600 or via email at email@example.com
- If you are concerned about your finances, your loan(s) with Hawaii First FCU or any other creditor please reach out for help NOW.
Our commitment to serving you remains top priority. We are here for you and will be here to assist as much possible. Mahalo and malama pono.
See additional resources here:
Effective immediately Kamuela Branch and Hilo Branch will be open Mondays-Fridays from 9am to 1pm. Closed Saturdays.
We realize that this is unchartered territory for all of us and we are doing our best to minimize disruption to everyone as much as possible.
We apologize for the inconvenience and we mahalo you for your patience and kindness.
- We may be limiting the number of members in the lobbies of our branches who are conducting transactions. Thank you for your patience.
- High traffic areas will be confined in the branches.
- We are encouraging transactions and/or services to be conducted online.
- Our Community Resource Centers will remain open for tax purposes and appointments only but we will be available by phone and online to assist with other community resource needs.
- We have a lot of aloha for each other but will be practicing other ways to show care and kindness through non-personal contact.
Health and safety:
- We will be ramping up sanitation measures to more be frequent than our standard routines.
- Please be aware of scams and fraudsters.
- We are encouraging everyone to stay updated on your accounts and if there are any concerns please contact us by phone to assist.
- If your job or income has been impacted and are concerned about your finances please reach out and connect with a financial coach who can work with you by phone or virtually.
- If you are sick, please stay home and malama. We are asking the same of our team members as well.