It is with a heavy heart to share that the Hawaii County Rent and Mortgage Assistance Program is now closed as all funds have been exhausted. The response to this program was tremendous. Over 3,340 Hawaii Island residents were supported with rent and mortgage assistance grants since August 2020. We are grateful for the opportunity to be able to provide help and hope to the many families of our island home.
We encourage you to seek any of these additional services that may still be available.
Please contact the organizations below directly to access the following services:
1. County of Hawaii Financial Navigator Program. Free remote program
to help residents navigate critical financial issues related to the pandemic.
2. State of Hawaii Rent Relief Housing Assistance Program.
For additional assistance, you may want to check the status of the State’s program.
3. Utility Grant Assistance – Hawaii County Economic Opportunity Council.
Visit their website
or call 808.961.2681, ext. 400.
4. Financial Counseling – Hawaiian Community Assets.
by clicking “Client Intake,” or call 808.934.0801.
5. Financial Counseling and the Financial Navigator Program – Hawaii First Federal Credit Union.
Enroll by clicking here
6. Landlord-Tenant Mediation – Kuikahi Mediation Center.
or call 808.935.7844, ext. 2.
7. Landlord-Tenant Mediation
– West Hawaii Mediation Center.
or call 808.885.5525
There will be recorded information sessions on the services listed above as well as others made available on our website
. We encourage you to check back regularly so you can access these information sessions. All information session recordings will be available on the website by November 30, 2020.
Last, we want to mahalo the nonprofit partners that worked very closely together on this program: Hawaiian Community Assets, Hawaii Community Lending, Hawaii First Federal Credit Union, Habitat for Humanity Hawaii Island, HOPE Services Hawaii, Hawaii Island Home for Recovery, and Neighborhood Place of Puna. We could not have done this without these partnerships.
Please stay safe and malama pono!